Female. Lives in United States/Illinois/Chicago, speaks English. My interests are Food, Restaurants, Cooking, Baking/Travel, Dining Out, Raising Children.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Illinois, Chicago, English, Female, Food, Restaurants, Cooking, Baking, Travel, Dining Out, Raising Children.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Antoine's: Then and Now



One year ago this month, Win and I celebrated our anniversary with a trip to New Orleans. Our very first meal in that special city was at Antoine's. This weekend, The Chicago Tribune ran an article on how Antoine's is faring after Hurricane Katrina.

The article is both heartbreaking and inspiring. Heartbreaking for the obvious reasons; inspiring due to the commitment of Antoine's staff to try and get the place back up and running.

I thought it appropriate to revisit my lunch at Antoine's to show what it was like just a year ago. Click here to read about Antoine's of 2004, as contrasted with the Antoine's of Fall 2005 highlighted in the Tribune article. I'm hopeful that the Antoine's team can rebuild their restaurant and continue to serve New Orleans. When it does, we will be back to support them.